Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Saylor!

O.k so the walk was wonderful and we are home now. I have much to post about it, but right now there is a much more important event occuring. Today Saylor Mackenzie is three years old. I can't believe how time flies. It is crazy to think about. Three years ago today I was in the hospital anticipating this little bundle of joy. I worked very long and hard to have her and she came into my life like a hurricane. A hurricane that has only gotten stronger with time. She is definately a force to be wreckened with. I don't think I have ever known a child with such a strong personality. Saylor is the type of girl who knows what she wants and goes after it. She is extremely intelligent, but acts her age. She is sweet as can be and her laugh is so infectious. She is incredibly well rounded. She will be playing princesses and Barbies and five minutes later shooting her Spiderman web at the family. She is a crazy girl.

It is hard to believe that we waited so long for Saylor. Somedays it seemed like we would never have a baby. I did know that if we had one that it would be girl. Now three years has flown by. In someways it would be nice for three more years to fly by. That would mean Cory would be graduating Law School and we can move on from Moscow. However, then my babies will be all grown up. Saylor will turning six and starting Kindergarten and Sydney will be four and right behind her. I am not ready for that. Time is going way too fast where these girls are concerned. It seems just like yesterday that I brought my little Sydney home to her BIG SISTER! Saylor loved her from the start. I'm not so sure she understood what was happening, but I don't think there was ever resentment or jealousy there. Now she doesn't really love to share her room or her toys with her sister, but she sure does love her. I love to watch them play. It is so fun. I can only hope they are always close sisters.

Well now that my baby is three, it makes me think about how delicate life is. I know we are doing our best in managing her disease, but I know we could be doing better. There is still so much to learn. I listen to some of these other D-moms and it's like they talk a whole other language. I want to understand this disease more. I want to be control her high and lows better. I know it can't be perfect, but I also know there is room for improvement. We will be starting a new doctor soon so we'll see what she has to say. We've just been waiting for that darn Medicaid. Anyways I just want my Saylor to have at least 100 more birthdays. I know she can if we do our job and manage her disease right.

Well to sum up. I love my Saylor and my Sydney more than anything. I wish Saylor the Happ-Happiest Birthday ever!

2 comments:

  1. It'll all come with time...the "different language" part. It is a whole different world really; living with "d" in your home.

    I just stumbled onto your blog from the Superhero and the Princess. Good to "meet" you. My name is Reyna from Beta Buddies (my son Joe was diagnosed when he was 3 years old, that was 4 years ago).

    It gets easier...but it takes copious amounts of time. Glad you found the DOC so early on in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to use this golden opportunity to say thanks to Chief Dr Wealthy for curing my ( DIABETES VIRUS) with his Herbal Medicine. i have being suffering from DIABETES Virus for 5 years now,and since then was using drug over which keep me till today,but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured for DIABETES by Chief Dr Wealthy so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me if you are into similar problem you can contact him via email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com

    Chief Dr Wealthy have cure for any types of disease blows, call or Whats App +2348105150446.

    ReplyDelete